Sunday, November 05, 2006

A bag of rats.


In 97 and 98 I did some work at Ratbag Games, (who were named Emergent Software when I started) who were working on a car racing game named Powerslide, there was a fair amount of merriment to be had about the place, and much silliness. Anyhow I had 2 weeks there where I was the envy of quite a few friends as I was being paid to design graffiti. I had to do plenty of other stuff there too, but for that 2 week block I made up some designs, coloured them, and then made them gritty so they could be used as in game texture maps. I don’t have any of the finished colour work, but here is some of the pen work before clean up.


Powerslide


Shwopshire. Now there's a funny story involving squirrels, a butcher and Shropshire that I must remember to add once I'm up to date.


Swine. For the words chosen I tried to use the Alias's of as many of the people working on the game as I could, or office gags.


Wabbit.


Napalm



Mighty Boot.


Git. N. Jiggy.


Munchie


Grimey. Er just a blockie, but you know, some variety is needed.


Mr. Almost

2 comments:

Ryan G. said...

Hey, cool stuff man! Love that fat dude below.. Awesome sculpture too! Did you use Supersculpty?

Unknown said...

Yeah it's supersculpty, and some thined down sculpty paints.
Thanks!